Sunday, December 9, 2007
it is freakishly huge- like 4 or 5 carar solitaire and smaller pieces all around the band.
but absolutly beautiful.
I wear it when I'm feeling sassy.
Or when I need a break from all the gentleman callers who are banging my door down.
Or just because I want to create a little drama in the boring lives of the people around me.
But, the last time I wore it, I startd to realize something on a bigger.
I really want to get married. It's something my heart desires.
But, when I was wearing that ring the other day, I realized that as much as I want a husband. And as much as I want to get married, I realize more and more that HE will not be my everything.
The ring serves as a reminder that a ring, or a wedding, or even a husband won't complete me.
Only God in heaven can complete me.
Only He can by my everything.
I still want that husband.
But I want God more.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
He was amazing.
I grew up going to Mississippi for the summers-- and memories of riding in the ol' blue pick up out to the farm, walking to church Sunday mornings and nights, shucking peas on the back patio, eating breakfast out in the garden, camping at Clarkco, baiting my own hook for the first time, watching the Braves on TV after dinner, him always drinking lemonade instead of sweet tea-- are permanently a part of who I am.
Even as an adult, the memories overwhelm me. A few years ago I did a project about WW2-- from the war perspective and the homefront perspective-- so, I interviewed my Pepaw aboout his tours of duty in the European front-- and how he fought and where he fought.
Even just last year, my dad and I went to visit the grandparents when one of their best friends who I've known my whole life passed away. At the graveside, Pepaw was too tired to walk out to the service, so he and I sat in the car-- and laughed. I couldn't even tell you what we were laughing about, but I remember his quiet little laugh and that glint in his eye to just remind me that he still knew enough to be himself.
I'll probably remember that laugh for a long time.
I love you, Pepaw.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Random #2: I do not water chestnuts. The sound they make when you crunch them makes me want to GAG. I will pick every single one of them out of whatever I'm eating.
Random #3: My dad always a game with me and my siblings about being the favorite. I love it. We're all the favorite. Except my mom really is. We all know this.
Random #4: I sometimes wear a fake diamond ring. Just because I feel like it. And I'll make up a full stories about my fiance and wedding. It makes me smile. :)
Random #5: I busted my head open on the bottom of the pool when I was 12. I had to get 13 stiches in my hair line on my forehead. I have a scar.
Random #6: I don't hate getting shots. I always ask for them at the doctor's office.
Random #7: I like the smell of cigarettes. Not the smoke part. But the smell. It's calming to me.
Random #8: I drink Diet Coke so much that I don't like Coca-C0la Classic any more. It's too sweet.
**There are a bunch of rules. But I am not a rule follower, so I shall not be doing that part. Unless you want to be tagged. Then I tag you.**
Friday, June 22, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
there are things that throw guys into the cute category:
-being Alabama fans
-being really funny- especially if you have the same sense of humor as me
-loving Jesus whole heartedly
there are things that throw guys into the skank nasty gross category:
-being super cocky
-joking on Alabama and being wrong about their facts
Monday, June 4, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
I love it. Is that lame? I'm thinking my mom can make it. I want it. Granted, the shoes are HORRIBLE, but I find something fun to go with this....
Tell me your thoughts!
Today I'm rocking a kinda random outfit-- yellow bermuda shorts and a pink tshirt with brown flips. cute, I think. but kinda random.
summer summer summer summer time!
the best thing about summer is the music. i love summer time music. songs that could have never been popular all of a sudden are chart toppers because it's warm outside and everyone wants to sing loud w/ the windows down to a song that makes you jump around! love it!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
And the bass player doesn't have a name- even in the credits, he's just listed as T.B. Player. THAT IS FUNNY. gotta love it.
i love the music. not gonna lie. know all the words to more than just the title song.
the best part is Capn' Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters. hands down. and even better is when Lenny tells the radio dj that his influence was Capn' Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters. STELLAR. hilariosity.
you better love it. i do!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
high heels or flip flops?
i love heels. one's legs look SO much better. pants look better. dresses look better. make your legs look longer, which is SO good since I'm 5'4''.
but, they hurt my feet. i can wear them for a few hours and I'm fine, but if I have to wear them for a whole day, i'm walking around barefoot before the day's over.
but then I have this whole thought process that if i wear them more often, they won't hurt as much because I'll be used to them.
but they still hurt my feet SO bad.
then, we have flips. cute, fun, summery. but, they do nothing for your body. just make you look short and dumpy.
but i love them. i have plain ones, cute ones, leather, plastic, ribbon, fabric, all sorts-- love them.
until my feet become more durable, i'm gonna just wear flips more often, and suffer with heels when necessary.
gotta love the flips!
but, still a dilemma.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Saturday, February 17, 2007
and then one night I was out at dinner and I saw my friend Ellen had one- and I complemented her on it-- and she tells me that she got it at WAL-MART! WHAT!?!?! are you kidding? and she said it was only about $15! So awesome!!
so, the next time I was at WalMart, I made a point to look for them-- but couldn't find them. sad day for me. and I almost broke down and bought one for lots of money...
THEN- two nights ago, I was at WalMart and just happen to be walking through some random section-- AND LO, AND BEHOLD- I found the clutch!!! AND to make it EVEN better, it was only FIVE DOLLARS.
I am SO SO SO excited- I used it tonight and it was super!
Check it out!!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
I hope you and yours enjoyed the day.
My highlights were as follows:
-A FunDip Valentine (I LOVE FUN DIP!)
-I wore my pink Solomon's again! I'm SO outdoorsy!
-Dinner with my sister at TacoMac. She's my favorite.
Today I looked like booty because I could wear jeans and a Tshirt-- you missed out on yesterday, when I looked SO cute! I wore my black,white and yellow plaid suit- looked A-dorable!
I'll probably look cute again tomorrow- then like cripe on Friday b/c it's jeans/tshirt again! Good times! I think I'm gonna wear my AWESOME houndstooth shirt! love it THE most!
Monday, February 12, 2007
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Friday, February 9, 2007
Thursday, February 8, 2007
2. I love the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.
3. Boys who wear Alabama shirts/hats/etc are automatically cuter to me.
4. I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was 13.
5. I am a moderately severe asthmatic.
6. I love shoes. Especially sandals- more specifically, flip flops. I could wear them everyday.
7. The only TV shoes I watch anymore are cop dramas- CSI, Law and Order, etc. Those- and Friends.
8. I would rather cheer for a team than play for it.
9. I like any live sporting event- even if I know nothing about the teams or the sport.
10. In the fall, you will find me in front of a TV all day on Saturday. I love college football.
11. I like my hands and feet.
12. I don’t like candles, but I wish I did.
13. I live with 3 girls. They’re my favorite.
14. I am the big sister. I have a brother, a sister-in-law, and a sister.
15. I’m deathly allergic to cats. I will go to the hospital if I’m around one for any length of time.
16. I have been in the ER on many Christmas days and eves because of my asthma.
17. I love bags. I have WAY too many.
18. My closet is arranged by color. And sleeve length.
19. I daydream. A lot.
20. I am not a very good manager of my money. It’s one of my biggest flaws.
21. I sing. ALL THE TIME.
22. I have naturally blonde hair. I like it. It’s been natural up until a year or so ago—in the winter, my mom frosts it, like in a cap. It’s awesome. But it looks natural. In the summer, it is WHITE blonde just from the sun- and I LOVE it.
23. My two favorite genres of movies are really dumb girly movies and sports movies.
24. I reread books. I have books that I’ve read 10-15 times.
25. I have a group of best friends from high school called G7. We get together a few times a year to be awesome. Even when I’m mad at them, I love them all.
26. I’m allergic to most plants and hairy animals.
27. You will NEVER see my toes without nail polish.
28. I have a very addictive personality.
29. I lived in China for a semester- and I love to go back every chance I get.
30. My favorite city in the world is Budapest, Hungary.
31. I know my best friend Katy is my best friend because I can sit with her and say nothing and feel like we’ve talked for hours.
32. I drink Diet Coke at a scary rate.
33. My favorite Bible verse has been my fav since I was 15. (1 Corinthians 2:9)
34. I want to go to Prague.
35. I loved high school. But I would NEVER go back.
36. I’d go back to college TODAY.
37. People think I’m crazy.
38. I have quiet moments.
39. I’d rather read than talk to you.
40. I’m way ready to get married, but the idea of kids scares me to death.
41. I love to diagram sentences.
42. I teach middle school. I love them. They make me laugh.
43. I have a tattoo. I regret it.
44. I love music. All of it. My dad raised me on classic rock, so I’m an old soul in a pop music body. I love it all!
45. I don’t like flowers all that much. I mean, I like them enough, but I don’t have a favorite. I just think they’re pretty.
46. I love my parents. I could hang out with them everyday.
47. I wish my parents hadn’t let me quit playing the piano.
48. My all time favorite movie is “The Sandlot”. I could watch it everyday.
49. I have really oily skin that gets SUPER dry in the winter.
50. The two greatest inventions of all time are the iPod and Tivo. No contest. Boo sliced bread.
51. I hate sleeping outside. I do not camp.
52. Football makes me cuss. A lot.
53. I like to dance. All the time. Especially to booty music.
54. I wish I was a good photographer.
55. If heels didn’t hurt my feet, I’d wear them more often.
56. My family is SO funny. I get my sense of humor from them.
57. I love road trips.
58. One of my life goals is to visit all the places in the book “1000 Places to See Before You Die”- I have a LOT to go.
59. I could live at the beach. I love it.
60. I don’t tan very well because I have very fair skin, but I love being in the sun.
61. If I weren’t a teacher, I’d be a full time missionary.
62. I was a life guard for 6 years.
63. I didn’t have a cavity until I was 18. Then I had nine. Kill me.
64. I don’t mind sitting by myself at restaurants.
65. I have 19 first cousins. And another one on the way. And 16 aunts and uncles. I love my big family.
66. Most movies made from books infuriate me. Because they got it ALL wrong.
67. I like to make kissy faces in pictures.
68. The first CD I ever had was New Kids On The Block’s Step by Step. My Uncle Andrew gave it to me for Christmas in 4th or 5th grade.
69. I love Matlock. I’m only a little embarrassed.
70. I drive WAY to fast. I’m a good 15 mph over the limit majority of the time.
71. I’d always rather drive a stick shift. I don’t have one anymore, but I miss it everyday.
72. In the winter, I sleep under an electric blanket on high.
73. I have green eyes, and I love them.
74. I love writing letters. Mainly because I like to receive them, and I like to pass that joy onto others.
75. I quit watching most television shows this past fall- it’s radically changed my thought life.
76. I seriously wish I could marry/date a professional athlete. Preferably baseball or football, but I’m not that picky.
77. I have a freakishly huge head. Hats do not fit my head. It makes me sad because I would love to be that cute girl who wears hats all the time.
78. I hate liars. So much. It’s sometimes worse when you just omit parts of the truth.
79. I don’t always match. Sometimes my outfits are just combinations of things I like.
80. I love museums. I don’t go near enough.
81. My friends and I have this thing called “Fat-ti-ti Harmony”, and we just sing off key. It’s hilarious EVERY TIME.
82. My favorite color is pink.
83. When it comes to the NFL, I don’t cheer for teams. I cheer for individuals- Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Brett Favre, Shaun Alexander, you get the picture.
84. I pop my knuckles all the time. I don’t believe that arthritis crap.
85. I love book stores. I feel like it’s a crime to come out of a book store empty handed.
86. My favorite store is Target.
87. I love to decorate, but I have really expensive taste.
88. I sing to my students. All the time. Usually to answer questions or give directions. If I can think of no song, I make one up.
89. I hate vacuuming. The word even pisses me off because of the two u’s next to each other. Stupid.
90. I fold clothes directly from the dryer.
91. It annoys me when word documents are poorly formatted.
92. There are a lot of songs that remind me of specific times and events.
93. When I’m watching a movie or TV show, I check http://www.imdb.com/ to see if there’s any trivia or info I need to know about that show/movie or the actors in it.
94. I hate whining. It annoys me when I do it. Then I whine about the fact that I can’t stop whining.
95. I will finish reading a book even if it’s terrible,
96. I love People magazine, and I buy it almost every week. But for some reason, I can’t bring myself to subscribe.
97. I always wear a watch.
98. I have really long toes and fingers.
99. I love wing sauce. On anything. All the time. Yum.
100. I’m very picky about lip gloss. If it’s too sticky or gooey, I am going to wipe it off.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
well, i'm all doped up, so I'm gonna take a nap.
live it up!
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
So now I'm sitting at my house looking like booty, and watching Entourage. I love Vincent Chase. I'd date him SO fast.
But, back to reality- I'm ready for baseball season! Bring on the Braves! I'm ready. Football is officially over, since the Super Bowl has passed- and basketball makes me want to jump off a bridge- bring on the baseball pants!