today marks the end of my twenties. I can hardly believe that in less than 2 hours, I will be officially 30. I was talking to one of my precious friends the other day- and I was saying that it's not that I mind turning 30- it's more that I thought my life would look so different by 30. But I am grateful for my life and all of the things I've accomplished in the last thirty years. There are some things that are a part of my life that make me very happy and proud. some of those are:
1. being a teacher- like I've been dreaming of since I was in 4th grade.
2. traveling overseas- to Romania and Asia as a missionary- and living in China
3. maintaining meaningful friendships for a long time- people from high school and college- wouldn't trade them for anything
4. continuing to sing and perform- not always how I planned, but I've had the chance to sing with some of the most talented people I know
5. leading a small group for 7 years- continuing to pour into those girls now that they're in college
There are a lot of other things, but these are the things in the front of my mind tonight.
My life isn't what I planned: it's better.