Remember who I belong to.
For the last few days, I've been thinking about that. Remembering who I belong to.
My mom is a lot of things. She's made me who I am. People who know us both always talk about how much we are alike. I'm a pretty good mix of both of my parents, but I am my mother's daughter.
When I remember who I belong to, I remember these things:
- Cereal is an acceptable dinner. Still hungry? Two bowls!
- Put sunscreen on before you go out to the beach. So you don't miss random spots or get sand stuck to your ENTIRE body.
- Be nice. Even when you don't want to. Especially to people you don't like. It'll drive them crazy.
- Life friends change your life- whether they're always in your life or not.
- Your siblings are your best friends. If they're not, they will be.
- Your relationship with God should grow. If it's not, something's up with you.
- You can wear expensive things without spending a lot of money.
- A clean, pretty house makes you feel better about your life.
- You can love (and like) your in-laws.
- You can do anything if you follow the directions.
- Sometimes it's ok to turn the music off.
- Being the good kid isn't all that bad.
- Marrying the "bad boy" can work out- as long as his heart is good.
- If you act authoritative, you will have authority.
- Coloring your hair makes you look younger.
- Sometimes it feels good to just go home.
- You can conquer your fears if you face them.
- Sacrificing for the ones you love is rarely a sacrifice.
- Slick underwear makes your dresses and pants look better. Even if they are ridiculous looking.
- Serving people makes you feel complete.
I remember who I belong to.
Happy Mother's Day!!