Wednesday, January 19, 2011

painting

Have you gone to these drink-while-you-paint painting classes? They seem to be all the rage in metro Atlanta, and I went to Sips-and-Strokes about a year ago with my school. In the past few months, one of my mom's bffs has opened one these places in west Cobb called Corkscrews and Canvas.

So, I've gone quite a few times. I've been more times than a normal person should go, but it's been fun! Honestly, I like the painting a lot- if I had a need for all of these pieces of "art", I would go more often, but it's already out of control. I've been giving most of the pieces away to friends and family who mention they like the piece. I mean, if you like it, you can have it! Here are a few of the things I've done so far....
So, I've been planning a birthday party at Corkscrews and Canvas for my friend Angie, and we were trying to decide what piece to do, and I took a picture of this sample from the studio. (My friend, Jill Alford, did this!)
We're gonna go paint this next month (hopefully!), but I was curious with my own artistic ability, so I decided to attempt it myself!

Mine is obviously a little different, but I really like it! It's hanging outside of my classroom! Adorable!

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Cute cute cute! You are a great painter!