Friday, January 21, 2011

1 Year, 100 Books

During my very first year at McClure, I taught a student named Allison. She was only in my class for a few weeks before she qualified to be moved into the advanced language arts class. I was devastated when she was moved from my class. In all my years of teaching, I have never been more impressed by any student's writing ability than I was with Allison. She was simply in a class by herself. Even in her advanced class, her writing ability was incredibly better than her classmates.

Well, Allison is in highschool now and has taken a bet from one of her teachers: to read 100 books in 1 year. She turned 16 last week, and if she is able to read (and review!) 100 books by her 17th birthday, then her teacher is going to give her $200! Naturally, Allison accepted this challenge- and not only that, she's writing all of her reviews on sparklife.com! She's only read three books in her challenge so far, but she's looking for comments and suggestions. I have no doubt that it'll be an entertaining year as Allison takes on the challenge!

The link to see her columns so far: http://community.sparknotes.com/tag/one-year-100-books
I couldn't figure out how to get them in an RSS feed- if anyone does, please let me know!!

No comments: