Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Want to Help?

This is Clarkdale Elementary School in Austell, GA- which is a part of the school district where I teach. It was flooded this past week during the rains in Atlanta. I can't even imagine if this was my school. I would be devastated. So much lost.
But, the kids are headed back to school tomorrow. They won't be at Clarkdale, but rather split between two nearby schools.

Obviously, the recovery is gonna take a while. Not only does the physical building have to be restored, students and teachers lost all of their supplies. (Last time I moved classrooms, it took 12 boxes to move all of my stuff!!)

If you live in the Atlanta area, you can partner with 11Alive and The School Box will be taking donations at any area School Box during the week of Sept. 26-27.
If you're not in Atlanta or just don't have time to go by The School Box, you can give online. You can give here. All gifts are tax deductible.

No comments: