Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

My dad is awesome.

Here are the kick ass things he's taught me:

1. The Allman Brothers are the best band ever.
2. Steely Dan's "Can't Buy a Thrill" makes everything better.
3. Reading makes you smarter.
4. Speaking calmly with authority will get you what you want.
5. Turn the bass up in the mix.
6. Words to songs are less important than melody.
7. Hiphop music is not, in fact, music.
8. Your spouse should be your favorite. Kids are second.
9. Fake German accents are funny.
10. Driving a stick is better.
11. If you don't know how to do it, pay someone who does.
12. Topsiders are always in style.
13. Bear Bryant is the best there ever was.
14. Yelling at athletes on TV is totally normal and acceptable.
15. Rock-n-Roll never dies.
16. Make your own decisions about politics.
17. Rolling your eyes will get you in trouble.
18. The best word in the English language is "unfortunat;y".
19. North Carolina BBQ is not good.
20. Waffle House is a timeless restaurant.
21. Always tip breakfast servers more than normal.
22. People who say silly things like, "I haven't read a book since highschool" are probably not very smart. For 2 reasons: 1. They haven't read a book since high school. 2. They said that outloud without being embarassed.
23. Words matter.
24. If there's a patio, you should sit on it.
25. Eating dinner at 6pm is not cool.
26. Boys like ponytails.

I would have 27- for all of the Father's Days I've celebrated, but my dad told me recently that I'm excused from my first since I was only 6 months old.

Love you, D!

No comments: