Friday, December 12, 2008

I feel like I should explain myself

See, it's Christmas. And I love it. And I want to come to your party.

And it's Christmas and I want to decorate.

And it's Christmas and I want to see your adorable dog wearing antlers (because it's funny EVERY TIME)

BUT.

I am allergic. I don't mean like runny nose and itchy eyes allergic. I mean like full-blown-going-to-the-hospital-because-my-at-home-nebulizer-isn't-stopping-this-asthma-attack. It's awesome. I have been in the hospital on Christmas Eve or Day more times than I've been in the hospital on regular days of the year. It's very cool.

And at Christmastime it makes me a little sad.
But. I'm allergic!!
Yes. to Christmas trees. and your Christmas-y potpurri. and your dog. and your house in general, but for some reason it's always worse during December.

And people talk all of this trash about fake trees. and it makes me a little sad. because it's not that I am just too lazy/cheap/godless/mean to go buy a real tree. It's that I would have to go to the hospital after being in my own home. And then be unable to return to my own home. Tragic indeed.

It's heartbreaking. I am a team player. But. I can't have a real tree.

My cute little fake tree wishes he were real. But he is not. But Christmas lives in your heart.
And in my heart, my tree is real and my lungs are clear. :)

2 comments:

Bone said...

I've always had a fake tree.

Are you coming to Festivus this year?

McClure ELA 8 said...

Your Festivus??? or just one?? I am confused.