Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm just telling you what he said.

You remember UGA's "BlackOut" against Auburn last year?Well, they're doing it again.

"The seniors asked if we could 'black out' the game," Coach Mark Richt said tonight. "We're going to ask our fans to go ahead and black out the stadium again. And our players will be wearing the black jerseys. I thought it was an outstanding success as far as the fans buying in to the requests of the seniors last year. I would think (fans) would get excited about the blackout. You wouldn't think it was big a deal, but it was."
This is Saban at the press conference on Monday evening. (Sorry for the crap pic- I had to steal it from a video stream.)
"Well, this is the only shirt I could find when I woke up this morning," Saban said, laughing, before growing serious. "Those kinds of things only means something if you let it. Like those old Notre Dame teams that wore green jerseys and that means you're not supposed to beat them. Or Joe Theismann talks to them Friday night, you're not supposed to win that game. If all that does mean something to you, I guess it's a problem. But they have good football players, that's what we're concerned about, not how they dress."
Looking forward to a good game Saturday! Roll Tide, Roll!

3 comments:

Bone said...

I'm so nervousssss.

Roll, Tide!

McClure ELA 8 said...

When I think about it, I want to throw up.

RTR!

Anonymous said...

ROLL TIDE!!!