Saturday, November 7, 2009

Flying Solo

My friend and one of my favorite authors, Denise Hildreath, has a blog about living single called "Flying Solo". It's one of those things that I wish I didn't read because it challenges me so much. She has a "guest poster" on their a lot named Ken.
Ken is smart.
And now he's talking about sex.

Which is always interesting.

What I read today
was really good- but the part that hit me the hardest was the end.

Most modern Christians don’t do well with being raw. We are afraid that God won’t show up. But Jesus said in Luke 4:18 that he came to set free those who are broken-hearted…that’s us! We need to be set free not in order to sin but to live passionately with God and for Him. Take a risk with God by beginning to take your desires to Him. Be patient with yourself because it will take some time to grow your understanding of God in this way.

Shook me.
I liked it.
And didn't.
You know what I mean?

No comments: