Monday, October 5, 2009

Honestly.

I went to church w/ my bff last week. Andy Stanley started a new series called "Your Turn"- all about the questions you ask when facing life's tough decisions. You can listen/watch the messages here.

When Rachel wrote about it, I think she hit the nail on the head....

I lie to myself about "punkins".

They're only sold during Halloween season(which Wal-Mart seems to think is August-October)They are my favorite fall color.

They taste AMAZING! Sugary, mallowy, sweetness.

Did I mention, you can only get them for 3 months out of the year?

So...I lie.

I tell myself it's ok to eat an entire bag.

I hoard them like a squirrel.

I don't hibernate or have to save up all of my food until winter....but I eat them like I do.

I tell myself lies. I make myself believe that its ok to binge on "punkins".

While "punkins" may not seem like that big of a deal, it's still a lie.

The real reason I ate the whole bag is....I have no self control.

I have no self control in other areas of my life, as well.
Eating candy is just one of those areas.

If I lie to myself about my lack of candy eating self control...

what bigger lies am I making myself believe?

Just being honest.

1 comment:

Bone said...

I drink way too many Sun Drops. Does it make it OK if I admit it?