I love the Fourth of July. Because I love America.
1. People volunteer to fight to defend our honor.
2. We DECLARED our independence. Like, excuse us, you no longer control us. Burn.
3.We celebrate our nation's birthday by blowing stuff up.
4. People from our nation don't look alike. At all. Like opposites. But we're all from here.
5. People still come here for something better. We may not be perfect, but we're better.
6. You're allowed to complain.
7. We may know more about the antics of pop stars than world affairs- but at least we're embarassed by it.
8. Ok, so the Beatles didn't come from here- but we did show up with The Allman Brothers AND Steely Dan AND Tom Petty. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.
9. We're still idealists. We REALLY want people to have that life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
10. At the end of the day (and the song), the Star Spangled Banner DOES fly- over the land of the free, and the home of the brave.